I trust and hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and 2013 will be full of joy and blessings. 2012 was a busy year, full of ups and also speckled with a few downs. One of the best ups for us was that we gained another wonderful daughter-in-law, so now our family has grown to 8. The year just seemed to fly by, and mostly all I remember is a big smudge of time!
I have been blogging now for over a year and a half, which I can’t believe, where has the time gone to? With my husband retiring and me picking up a part-time job, (not that I’m short on jobs, I just needed one that actually pays me!) my blogging took a back seat. I plan to change that this year, as I claim back some of my time, and use it more responsibly and effectively. These are my new year resolutions so far, let’s see how well I do by the year-end:
- For this to become a family journey and not just mine.
- To replace more non-environmental, especially personal care products, in our household.
- To reduce, reuse and recycle even more than I do.
- To become even more self-sufficient in my vegetable and fruit growing. Preserving and freezing more too.
- To only eat free-range, and mostly organic and local where possible.
- To take responsibility for what I do, and to try and educate others when possible.
- To laugh more, especially at myself, to try at least one act of kindness a day, to appreciate those around me more, to take time out to enjoy relationships, and to smell the roses, or fynbos rather!
I came across these on the Small Footprint Family site. Have a look, even though they are not local, they have some very valid advice and suggestions.
How about sharing what yours are with us too? Whatever plans you may have for living more responsibly, and respectful of that which we have been blessed with; our health, our kids, our environment and animals.